Importing product options
It is likely that many of your products are available in different sizes and/or colours. To refresh your memory on how to create your product option types in your Admin Dashboard, read our article Product options.
Below are the steps to importing your product options to your B2B eCommerce portal.
I. Creating and importing product options
If your products come in different sizes, colours, etc., and you want to upload all this information simultaneously to save time, please follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Products->Import menu in your Admin Dashboard.
- Click on Sample file import to download the sample file.
- Open the sample file and start adding your products options using the relevant columns.
Note: You can follow this same procedure above to export the products already in your store, if you wish. Simply go to the Products->Export menu, select a price list (use the standard price lists) from the “Price List” drop-down menu, and then click on the "Export" button.
Once you have opened the sample import file you downloaded:
- Locate the "available_options" column, and enter the product option types you want to use in your storefront, separating each with a comma (e.g. Size, Color, Shape).
- For each option type, create a new column to the right of the previous column and name it "option_values_[option name]" as shown in the example below.
- Save this new spreadsheet file as an .xlsx file.
- Under the Products->Import menu in your Admin Dashboard, select a price list and upload your file.
|available_options||Add the available options, separating each with a comma (i.e. Color, Size, Finish, Stamp, etc.)|
|option_values_Size||Add the available sizes, separating each with a comma (i.e. Small, Medium, Large)|
|option_values_Color||Add the available colours, separating each with a comma (i.e. Red, Blue, Black, etc.)|
|option_values_X||Repeat the process for all available option types as described above|
To view your updated product options, go to the Products->Options menu. To see all the values you created for each product option type, simply click on that particular product option.
To edit a product option, simply click on it.
To specify a product’s available options, click on the 'Product options' tab on the "Editing product" page.
Note that your customers will be able to see all the available options you offer for a specific product on your B2B portal.
II. Mass updating available product options
If you created your product option types manually, you can update all available product option values simultaneously by following these steps:
- Go to the Products->Export menu.
- Select a price list (use the standard price lists).
- Click on "Export" to save it to your computer, then open the file and start adding your product options in the relevant columns.
- On the relevant "option_values" column ("option_values_Stamp" in the example below), add "all" if your product option values are available for all products, or if they are not, enter the product option types that are available. You can leave this cell empty if none of the options are available for a particular product. This applies for each product SKU.
- Go to the Products->Import menu in your Admin Dashboard, select a price list, and upload your file. Now you can check if all option values for each product have been updated.