Importing customer price lists
You may have already imported your products with a basic price list, but if you have not and you wish to learn more about that process, read our article on Importing Products. And to learn more about creating and managing your customer price lists, click here.
To import a customer price list, you will need to complete the following steps:
Step 1: Go to the Products->Price Lists menu in your Admin Dashboard. There you will see that the B2B Wave eCommerce platform presents you with three default price lists, which you can either keep, edit, rename, and/or delete.
Step 2: To create a new price list, click on the “New price list” button at the bottom of the “Price Lists” page. You can learn more about editing price lists here.
Step 3: You can import different price lists by following these steps:
- Browse your computer for the “All-Categories-Basic_Price_List.xlsx” file, which you previously populated and uploaded to your B2B portal.
- Search for the “product_price” column in that Excel Workbook file, enter the new product prices you want to import into that column, and then rename the file to the desired new price list.
- Go to the Products->Import” menu in your Admin Dashboard.
- Under the "Price List" field, select the desired price list that matches the name of the new price list file you just renamed from the drop-down menu. Then check the “Import prices” option, and click on the “Import” button.
- Go to the Products->Export menu in your Admin Dashboard, select the Basic Price List from the "Price List" field drop-down menu, and then click on the “Export” button.
- Open the file you just downloaded, search for the “product_price" column, and start adding the new product prices to that column.
- Once you have added the new product prices, follow the steps described above in Step 3.
Mass assigning price lists to customers
Once you have created the price lists for your B2B portal and populated the system with your data, you can mass assign price lists to your customers to save time.
If you want to upload all of the information through our Excel Workbook sample file, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Go to the Tools->Import Customers menu in your Admin Dashboard, and then select “Export existing customers”.
- In the downloaded file, search for the “pricelist” column, and type the name of the price list you want to assign each of your customers to.
- Save the file with a matching name to avoid any confusion.
- Go to the Tools->Import Customers menu again, click on "Choose File" to upload your file, and then click on the "Import" button. Once you do this, your customers will be assigned to these new price lists.
Note that you can complete the above steps before actually importing any customer to your B2B Wave-powered store. For more information about this scenario, check out our FAQ article called Import and Export Customers.