Sometimes you may need to manage your privacy rules based on your commercial policy or on special business agreements you have with your customers. With the B2B Wave eCommerce platform, you can create privacy groups to which you can assign products and customers.
Privacy groups are helpful when you want certain products to be private to specific customers only. For more information about other types of privacy options, read our article on Private product categories.
Here are the steps you need to follow to create a privacy group:
- Go to the Settings->Privacy groups menu in your Admin Dashboard, click on "New privacy group", and enter a name for the new group.
- Go to the Products->Products menu.
- Select the product you want to assign to the new privacy group.
- On the "Editing customer" page that opens up, click on the 'Access' tab, check the "Private" box, then enter the name of the privacy group you want to assign this product to.
Privacy groups do not just apply to products. Once you have assigned your products to a privacy group, you can then assign your clients to it as well.
If you want certain customers to see the products assigned to a specific privacy group:
- Go to the Customers menu in your Admin Dashboard.
- Select the customer you wish to assign to a privacy group.
- Under the 'Customer details' tab on the "Editing customer" page that opens up, enter the name of the privacy group you want to assign them to in the "Privacy groups" field.
After completing these steps, you will be able to assign certain products and specific customers to your privacy groups.
Importing privacy groups
If you are importing your products to your store and would like them to be visible to customers in a particular privacy group:
- Go the the Products->Import menu in your Admin Dashboard.
- Click on Sample file import. If you have previously uploaded your products, simply select the desired price list you want to update and add your privacy groups to, and then click “Import”.
- Open the Excel Workbook file you just downloaded, locate the "Privacy_groups" column, and enter the privacy group that each product is to be assigned to.
- Once you import this file, products assigned to your privacy groups will be automatically updated.
Next, let's say you want to assign a privacy group to a specific customer so that they will be able to see only the products included in that privacy group.
1. Go to the Tools->Import Customers menu in your Admin Dashboard.
2. Here you can either download the sample file or choose the “Export existing customers" option.
3. Search for the "privacy_groups" column, and enter the name of the privacy group you want each customer to be assigned to.
4. Once you've uploaded your file, your customer privacy groups will be automatically updated.